Thursday, December 27, 2007

How Can it Be?!?

I can't believe 2007 is almost over. Where did the year go? Every year seems to go faster and faster. Sometimes I wish I could push pause on life...just to enjoy everything around me.

Our Christmas was wonderful. The girls let us sleep in until 8am. Talk about a happy Mommy! :) My parents spent the night on Christmas Eve and we went to Church that night and then out to dinner.

My brother and his soon-to-be bride came over for Christmas Day. We had a great day and Katie is now the proud owner of thirteen Webkinz. {yikes!} If you haven't gotten into them at your house {yet!} look out! My little one hogs my laptop and can play all day. {Of course I limit her time on line!}

So, Christmas is over, the decorations are packed away, and I'm sitting here thinking of all the incredible things that have happened this year. I am so incredibly blessed. It brings tears to my eyes to think of everything that has taken place this year. Here are just a few things I'm thankful for: {in no particular order...}

1. First, the health and well-being of my family and friends. Kirstin still has her headache (she's had is since March 2, 2007 at 10:30am).....but, with medications, the pain is reduced to a dull ache most days. We are so blessed to have wonderful insurance....one of her meds would be $350 a month without our insurance!

2. My home and where we live. I've visited so many places (especially this year!) but I am so grateful to live where I do. Our home is so centrally located...(I have two Costcos within a 2 mile radius!) I have to admit, though, that St. Pete, FL is my home away from home. If I had to move, that's where I would go! (And they have some incredible scrapbook stores!)

3. I'm so thankful that I live in a country where I can believe in God and I can freely go to Church. It amazes me that this is a freedom not every human being has. My faith is so incredibly important to me.

4. My husband. A man I have been with since almost birth....(well not quite, I was 16 when we met....) He keeps me sane. He takes great care of me, the girls, the bills, the grocery shopping, the laundry, the cleaning....{I told you he was great!} Ken is even willing to travel with me....what a trooper. He makes sure I have bacon every morning and for that alone, I will always cherish him. God was thinking of me when he created Ken. I couldn't do what I do without the support Ken provides. I love him so much (even though he won't let me have a puppy.....) :)

4. I was able to realize my dream and was on QVC a few times this year. I joke that I live so close to Hollywood, yet I have to fly across the country (PA) to be on tv. ;)

5. I have a job that I look forward to every day. That probably sounds silly, but I truly love my job and find myself thinking about it 24/7. Not because I have to, but because I want to. What a blessing it is to have a job that I want to do. :) In fact, my kids tease me that I even have a job. They say I'm just 'playing' or 'scrapbooking'.....not working. ;)

6. My parents! They are the best. And as Grandparents, they are even better. They take my kids all the time...in fact, they are all at a hotel in Laguna Beach, right now! Next week when Ken and I are in PA, my Mom will have the kids.

7. UB was found! I still can't believe a rescue dog trained to sniff out lost pets found my precious tortoise. (For the full story, check out my blog mid April 2007).

I have been blessed so many times this year. Too many to count.

My prayer for my friends is that you will be blessed as well.

Here's to a wonderfully delightful 2008.

Look out, world! {grin!}

Hugs,
Stephanie