Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Just one of those days...

Hello, My Friends!

We all have them.  A day when we thought maybe we shouldn't of gotten out of bed.  ;)

Well, today started off with that way.  I had to get up early to be at Sizzix at 8am (that's early for me!)  I had an 8:30 class where I got to meet and train some new employees.

So, I set my alarm for 6:15am...plenty of time to get ready and get out of the house by 7:15, so I'd have time to stop at 7-11 for my soda and then get to Sizzix early.

Well, Cookie heard a neighbor's dog barking at 5:15am and immediately she ran downstairs and out the door to offer her two cents into the conversation.  Of course, that meant I had to jump out of bed to wrangle the little stinker before she woke up the entire block.

We get back into bed (yes, Cookie sleeps on my bed....) but, she laid down closer to me than normal.  I looked at her, she looked at me....yes, it was a Hallmark moment....straight out of a movie...we were gazing at each other and saying the words, "I love you..." with our eyes.....

And then....

She threw up!

IN MY BED.

ON MY NEW SHEETS.

And the smell!!!!!  OH, WOW!  I thought I would lose my dinner from the night before.  It was horrible!

I think I screamed.  Poor Cookie!  I instantly started yanking the sheets off the bed, trying to roll them up so it wouldn't get on the mattress...meanwhile, the whole time thinking I was going to throw up...(the smell!!!)

I finally got the sheets off the bed.  (Luckily, it didn't reach the mattress...and YES, Mom, I just ordered a mattress pad for the bed today!)

Long story a little shorter, poor Cookie threw up at least three more times.  :( 

THIS is what happens when certain family members treat her to human food.  :(

Cookie seems to be feeling better, but, my stomach is STILL queasy.  Bleh.

I did make it to Sizzix in time.  Had a great training and then went to my office for a few hours.  Luckily, my Mom was planning on coming over to do a few things around our house, so she kept Cookie company.

The day ended up much better.  I even had a fantastic and interesting phone call.  (I love when God seems to throw something at me that I wasn't expecting!)  Not sure what will happen with the topic of the call, but it's a journey I'll take if He chooses to lead me.

I think I'll share a fun card with you designed by my buddy and Design Team Member, Jeanne.




Supplies Used:










 
trees4Christmas


Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die - Card, Circle Flip-its
Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die - Card, Circle Flip-its
Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK Circles
Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK Circles

Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK Scalloped Circles 

Happy Stamping!

Hugs,
Stephanie